Comfort Dog Handlers are a special breed in themselves. They have a love for dogs and the people they serve. Comfort Dog Handlers are passionate, and they take their responsibilities seriously. It becomes a way of life, and its hard to separate these behaviors when not handling a dog.
I got to wondering how you might spot a Comfort Dog Handler in a crowd when they are not handling a dog. Here’s my Top Ten List of Ways:
Top Ten Ways to Spot a Comfort Dog Handler in a Crowd
- 10. They always have a lint roller on them.
- 9. They tell their children and grandchildren to “Leave It.”
- 8. They are always looking for a photographic opportunity.
- 7. They have “poop” bags in one pocket and Dog Business Cards in the other.
- 6. When walking with someone, they start off with a “With Me.”
- 5. They carry a small squeaky toy in their pocket, and have used it during family photographs.
- 4. They say to their spouse “Sit. Stay.”
- 3. They smile at strangers.
- 2. They are used to being greeted last on Sunday mornings.
And the number one way to spot a Comfort Dog Handler in a crowd is:
- 1. They have hearts as big as the sky, and often drop everything to visit the suffering and lonely on a minutes’ notice.
Do you know a Comfort Dog Handler or are you one? If so, what qualities do they have? Leave a comment, below. We would love to hear from you.